Geocache synchronization works ONCE

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by nordicbiker, Dec 11, 2022.

1. nordicbiker

nordicbiker

Hello fellow geocachers!
    Since a while ago I see a problem with two of my live geocaching enabled devices, the 700i and the 66st: I can download geocaches to the device once (connected by bluetooth to my iPhone, Garmin Connect app active). For a second download in another geographical area I need to switch the GPS off and on again, then again I can download a bunch of caches. Third download? Switch off and on again, then it works!
    Since this is the case for both the 700i and the 66st it cannot be a specific setting in the GPS, but I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Connect app. I also tried with the Garmin Explore App, same problem there.
    Is anyone seeing that, too?
    Greetings from Sweden
    nordicbiker

nordicbiker, Dec 11, 2022
  2. nordicbiker

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I have found that Garmin units are incapable of indexing new geocaches when added to existing ones already on the unit, this is made much worse if the unit is supplied with the standard 'Garmin' geocache database containing thousands of out of dated sites

I would try disabling or copying and then deleting the supplied database as they are of little use anyway, see link here :-

https://www.gps-forums.com/threads/...ading-caches-on-a-gpsmap62.46567/#post-229114

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 11, 2022
Ask a Question