GPS Newbie here...need suggestion

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Duck Dodger, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Duck Dodger

Duck Dodger

I am going to California to look at somw remote desert property surrounded by BLM land. I need to be sure that the specific sites I'm looking at for campsite/future cabin are on the specific parcels offered for sale, and not adjoining parcels or BLM land. Which GPS unit can give my latitude/longitude when I am at those spots and maybe--just maybe--show me land boundaries? I know the lat/lon of the parcel boundaries but need to be certain that my planned cites are inside them before I hand money over. Seller is elderly and remote and less than helpful in this regard.

Duck Dodger, Apr 26, 2021
  2. Duck Dodger

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Literally any GPS will do this, you can draw the perimeters of the areas you are interested in on a free downloadable computer program such as Garmin Basecamp using Latitude / Longitude points and then download these tracks to a GPS or even a smartphone running a free App. such as OsmAnd

if you supply the co-ordinates I can generate the track file for you

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Duck Dodger

Duck Dodger

This is fantastic. I'll send them tomorrow. Thank you!

Duck Dodger, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Duck Dodger

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You can send the co-ordinates privately if you prefer, see Inbox at the top right of this page

Nuvi-Nebie, May 2, 2021
Ask a Question