GPSmap 62s

Discussion in 'GPS Technical Discussion' started by bsa250, Nov 6, 2019.

1. bsa250

bsa250

Hi Folks,
    I have an GPSmap 62s with long distance turn by turn UK map on it .. Problem is I have I think the go to straight line

set up on it ! therefore how do I turn that off and get it to work like a car satnav ??

I used the same map in my Oregon 300 some time ago and it worked fine, ie similar to car satnav ...

any help would be appreciated ...

Many thanks Mack....

bsa250, Nov 6, 2019
  2. bsa250

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The first thing to remember is that the ability to 'Follow Road' is held in the map itself, the map needs to be 'Routable', some maps are and some are not, if you are sure that your map is Routable then that is O.K.

When you select a place or waypoint etc. to go to you should be given an option to 'FOLLOW ROAD' or 'OFF ROAD' you need to select 'follow road' not 'off road' as the second one will be a straight line, if the option to select 'follow road' is not displayed you may have turned it off, to turn it back on select :-

Main Menu - Setup - Routing - Guidance Method - Prompted or follow road or off road

select promped from this screen and then 'Enter'

If you now go back to Find (Waypoint, City, Address, etc) - select destination - Go To
    You will be able to select 'Follow Road' and a route will be calculated

NOTE - The above steps are for the GPSmap60, I am guessing the GPSmap62 will have similar screens

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 7, 2019
  3. bsa250

bsa250

Hi Nuvi-Nebie,
    That was brilliant, I do not know what buttons I pressed!! but was completely in the dark regards getting it back to working as a backup sat nav !...
    Thankfully I followed your instructions to the letter and it now performs as it should ...

Many thanks Mack....

bsa250, Nov 7, 2019
  4. bsa250

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If you select 'Don't Ask Again' the option will be turned off

2019-11-08_10.12.42.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 8, 2019
Ask a Question