GPSmap 64ST

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by zonahiker, Dec 27, 2023.

1. zonahiker

zonahiker

my son purchased a gps for hiking in new zealand and has this issue....
    when he turns on the gps at a trailhead he gets this pink line with a pin mark, i think marking the last location where he turned on the gps...
    see atth'd pic....
    how does he get rid of that line/pin so that it does not become part of his new hike...
    i have given him the following instructions (below) for when he starts a new hike...maybe i am missing something or maybe there is a setting that he needs to adjust....
    thanks for your help....

Should calibrate compass every so often..
    no need to hit the GO button when following a track, just overlay the new track on top of the existing track...
    When turning GPS on, give it a minute or two in order to connect to the satellites, "GPS Soak"
    Make sure to clear track before starting a new hike as it will probably start from the location that the GPS was last turned on.
    Page>Trip Computer>Menu>Reset>Reset Both
    Menu>Track Manager>Current Track>Clear Current Track
    Menu>Active Route…there should be No Active Route

1.jpg

zonahiker, Dec 27, 2023
  2. zonahiker

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The 64st is in 'Go To' (Navigate) Mode, if you turn on the unit and select FIND >> Waypoint >> [Select Waypoint] >> Go, you will get a dark triangle (far left of screen) showing your current position and direction of movement and a pink line showing a straight path to the Waypoint (the pin)

To remove the pink line select FIND >> Stop Navigating

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 28, 2023
  3. zonahiker

zonahiker

i will pass that on, thank you kindly for your input ...

zonahiker, Dec 28, 2023
Ask a Question