GPSmap 76Cx and Windows 11 connection problems

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Portage_bay, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Portage_bay

Portage_bay

Good day everyone, new here and looking for some help with a GPSmap 76Cx and Windows 11. I have a recently purchased Lenovo Ideapad running Windows 11. Windows does not detect the 76Cx. I am certain the GPS is working as it should because I am able to connect successfully to two older machines both Windows 10. I suspect but cannot prove drivers are missing.

Software that "sees" the 76Cx on the older machines includes
    Garmin HomePort download/upload data
    Garmin BaseCamp download/upload data
    OpenCPN display position, moving map, download/upload data
    Rose Point Coastal Explorer display position, moving map, download/upload data
    USBDeview a utility to display information about USB devices connected to the laptop

The 76Cx is primarily used as a backup GPS position source for OpenCPN. Secondary use is emergency navigation in the event of failure of all else including the laptop. In preparation for that I load waypoints and routes from the OpenCPN plotter to the 76Cx.

Any help in getting this up and running greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Portage_bay, Apr 25, 2023
  2. Portage_bay

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I am not sure how often Homeport and Basecamp are updated but I'm Guessing they have not been configured with Windows 11 in mind, you may have more luck with Garmin Express as it is updated much more often and is reported to work with Windows 11

EDIT
    Basecamp version 4.7.5 is reported to work with Windows 11

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 26, 2023
  3. Portage_bay

Portage_bay

Thank you for the response. A fresh install of BaseCamp has it working. FIW BaseCamp was last udated March 27.

Portage_bay, Apr 26, 2023
Ask a Question