Importing waypoints from Mapyx Quo to Garmin Connect

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by stevia13, Apr 30, 2023.

1. stevia13

stevia13

HI there. So, MApyx Quo is a nice piece of software that has UK Ornance Survey mapping on it. I can create routes, waypoints etc here. I can export the routes as a gpx file, import them in to Garmin Connect, and then send them to my chosen GArmin device.

However, I cannot do this with any "waypoiont sets" that I have created in the Quo software. I tried sending the waypoints as a gpx file - nope! GArmin Connect says I need to import as a gpx or a tcx file only.

Can ANYONE please tell me how I can get these waypoints, created on MApyx Quo, on to the display of my GArmin unit (an Edge 1040 Solar).

I really dont want to have to laboriously recreate all these wapoints in GArmin Connect itself!

MAny thanks in advance.

Steve A :)

stevia13, Apr 30, 2023
  2. stevia13

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You could save gpx files containg waypoints to your computer and then with the Edge1040 also connected to the computer copy the saved gpx files to the Edge1040 /Garmin/GPX folder

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 30, 2023
  3. stevia13

stevia13

The waypoints are not created as part of a gpx file (route). They are created separately, as individual waypoints. So - same question?? Thanks

stevia13, Apr 30, 2023
  4. stevia13

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I'm not suggesting they are part of a route, however in a program such as Garmin Basecamp it is possible to create a waypoint (or set of waypoints) and then select the waypoint (or set of waypoints) and save them as a gpx file, this file can then be copied to the /Garmin/GPX folder, it doesn't seem unreasonable to presume that Mapyx Que will allow you to do the same thing

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 30, 2023
Ask a Question