loading routes from honda trip planner onto zumo xt

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by rufasim, Oct 23, 2021.

1. rufasim

rufasim

Hi all. I am brand new here. This is my first post. I currently ride a 2015 Goldwing with GPS but am thinking of getting a zumo xt. I want to be able to make routes on the Garmin and take it into my truck. Planning a week vacation down in North Carolina and want to bring along a GPS. I have become quite fluent in making routes in the Honda Trip planner and was wondering is it possible to use this program with the Garmin.

Thanks in advance for any information

rufasim, Oct 23, 2021
  2. rufasim

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It looks like the navigation system on the Goldwing is made by Garmin, there is a webpage here :-

https://goldwing.garmin.com/goldwing/site/help
    See Software Upgrade Instructions 2012-2017

So it may probably possible to recover trips made on the Goldwing and transfer them to the Zumo, you can create Routes using the Garmin Basecamp computer software and then send them to the Zumo or you can extract Tracks recorded on the Zumo (under 'Where I have Been') and upload them to Basecamp for editing and then send the edited Track /Route back to the Zumo

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 23, 2021
  3. rufasim

rufasim

The problem I am having is the computer I have is so old that basecamp won't load. I use it only for a very few things so I don't want to have to buy a new computer as well

rufasim, Oct 23, 2021
  4. rufasim

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 23, 2021
Ask a Question