Looking for a gps which will help me visiting about 30 addresses

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by bobbal, Jul 18, 2018.

1. bobbal

bobbal

Hello all,

Every weekday we have to deliver food to about 30 adresses.
    Is is there a GPS or an Android APP or a Windows PC APP which will accept these 30 addresses (these can vary in count and contents) and present me with a gps road trip which will guide me from the starting point (my current location) thru the customers location and finally back to the starting point.

We prefer a windows pc app or webapplication which creates a gpx file which can be downloaded to the gps.

Thank you already for your support.

Bob

bobbal, Jul 18, 2018
  2. bobbal

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Garmin Basecamp is a free to download computer program that will do what you want, you can create a Route by clicking on as many points on the map as you wish, Basecamp will calculate a Route that joins all the selected point together, then you can edit the route and select 'Optimise' so that the Route is changed to visit each location as before be this time it will cover the shortest distance possible.

Basecamp can then generate a GPX of a Route (or Track) that can be downloaded to a Satnav, it doesn't have to be a Garmin product, However if you do get a Garmin Satnav, make sure it has a feature called 'Trip Planner', these units perform 'Multi-point' Routing', so that you can have one start and Multiple destinations, Also Basecamp can use the maps supplied with a Garmin Satnav on the computer, if you don't have a Garmin Satnav, you would need to load Basecamp with maps as it is not supplied with any, although you can download Open Street Maps free of charge for use with Basecamp from here:-

https://www.gps-forums.com/threads/can-i-get-free-maps.46545/

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 18, 2018
Ask a Question