Mapping Tool

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Aristeaus, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Aristeaus

Aristeaus

I was wondering if there were any apps/programs that can mark a box/boundary via 4 coordinate corners and allow you to see current location inside or outside the boundaries

Aristeaus, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Aristeaus

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Garmin Basecamp is a free computer program that will allow you to input a set of co-ordinates and generate a Track that can form a boundary, you don't say how you intend to view the boundary, but the Track can be downloaded to a GPS as a GPX file or you could save the Track as a KML file that can be viewed in Google Earth

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 1, 2022
  3. Aristeaus

Aristeaus

Basically we want to map out the boundaries of our property and see our phones current position inside or outside those boundaries so we can mark the trees along our property on all four sides

Aristeaus, Jul 1, 2022
  4. Aristeaus

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If you don't have a GPS you could use a smartphone running a program like OSMAnd* (a mapping / satnav App.) and then install a Basecamp generated GPX file onto the smartphone, this will allow you see your position on the map which would also have the boundary maked on it, If you like I can generate the GPX boundary file for you via a private message

*Alternatively I could generate a KML file that you can view on a smartphone using Google Earth

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 1, 2022
  5. Aristeaus

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I have sent a private message to your Inbox (top right of this page)

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 2, 2022
Ask a Question