MAPS MERGING GMaptool

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by soso2565, Mar 15, 2021.

1. soso2565

soso2565

Hello
    i was wondering if ii is possible to merge multiple maps in 1 map
    i do have 5 maps ( canada north , canada south , canada east , canada west )
    which i want to get 1 map i try with GMapTool and i have an error since the mapset ( name of the blocks ) are the same from 1 map to the other one
    ex:
    canada north have a file name 63240001.img,63240002.img,63240003.img,63240004.img as well as canada south and the other one too .

so is there a way to rename the (little files img ) inside canada north .img?

or is there a way to get 1 main img file ?

thanks in advance

soso2565, Mar 15, 2021
  2. soso2565

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It might not be possible to create a single map that can be used on a Garmin unit even if the individual parts were re-named to eliminate duplicate file names, this is because you may exceed the maximum single map file size, however if you can get the 5 maps into Garmin Basecamp it would then be possible to send all 5 maps to a Garmin unit so that they can exist side by side and will be used on the unit as one big map

See Garmin maximum map size notes?

Note also Basecamp 4.7.0 should not be used due to 3rd party map problems, get the latest version Click HERE

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 16, 2021
Ask a Question