Navigator which good work with gpx/kml

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by JUSTGO, Aug 2, 2017.

1. JUSTGO

JUSTGO

Hello,

What recommend choice a navigator witch will be good with gpx tracks.
    example: Like you create a map (with tracks) in Google maps, and then you save to kml format, next you convert to gpx, and upload to osmand or maps.me navigation, and then you can see all tracks, or if you have data, can use in maps.google, but maps google not work with gpx when a on drive function, and can't see road which in track. Otherwise osmand, when you drive you can see all tracks, and follow marked road, or on gpx tracks and get commands..

How work with that Garmin Montana 600 or 610?

Waits your recommendations [​IMG]

JUSTGO, Aug 2, 2017
  2. JUSTGO

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You can download Garmin Basecamp for free and install OSM Maps onto it, you can then create a track and download a GPX file onto an Andriod device running OSMand or Maps.me

If you purchase a Garmin unit like the Montana 600 / 610 you can copy the maps suplied with it to Basecamp in order to create Tracks, Routes waypoints etc. and then download the tracks etc. back to the unit

All Garmin units will work with GPX files

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 2, 2017
    JUSTGO likes this.
  3. JUSTGO

JUSTGO

Very thank you for this information. Or with tracks works old Garmin Nuvi 1350??

Because i try to upload my tracks and waypoints which create from Maps.google, i put into to Garmin openstreetmaps, then upload to bacemap my points ant track, and then send to garmin device, but when i On garmin, i see only START/FINISH points, no tracks. :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    JUSTGO, Aug 2, 2017
  4. JUSTGO

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 2, 2017
  5. JUSTGO

JUSTGO

Yes my mistake, it's route. And my garmin not have trip planner, so i don't can use routes in my gps. Thank you.

And maybe who knows, why, when i upload from maps google created kml/gpx file to basecamp, ant push show on map, i don't see route line, i try to change line colors and etc, but i don't see line :/

JUSTGO, Aug 2, 2017
  6. JUSTGO

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The link in #4 above explains when you can use Routes, Tracks etc, a Route can only be transferred from one system to another if both systems are running the same map

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 3, 2017
Ask a Question