Need help choosing the right GPS

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by osakamitsu, Oct 14, 2013.

1. osakamitsu

osakamitsu

Hello, I am new to the GPS world. I have been reading about them on google and I am becoming overwhelmed with the selection. I am just not sure what to buy. Maybe I could get you guys to help me choose one based on my needs.

- The GPS would be used on a HUGE farm with dense forest and tall ridges. Cell phone signals are hard to come buy and satellite probably only in the right places.

- Need a very long battery life if possible. Seems most I see are around 24 hours but I did come across one that was 1 day to 1 month. 1 month is more ideal for me. Even longer is preferred.

- Water proof if possible but not necessary.

- I would like to view the locations of where the GPS goes on a map such a google maps.

- Does not need to be readily readable with a screen and map. Plugging into a computer would just fine. We do have internet at the farm.

- I don't mind having to buy extra storage or bigger storage cards to store the data.

- No other fees such as paying $20 to update every 5 mins like I have heard others do. No monthly or yearly subscriptions.

Any help on this would be amazing!

osakamitsu, Oct 14, 2013
Ask a Question