Need help selecting the best GPS. Utility Mapping. (Sort of)

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by vactek, Nov 18, 2017.

1. vactek

vactek

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this. I need help deciding what GPS unit if any will do what I need.
    Part of my job requires me to walk around industrial parks, office buildings etc and inventory the storm drains, man-holes, utility boxes etc. Currently we just give a description of the location such as "Open Grate Storm Drain, South of BLDG 1".
    What I would like to do is carry a GPS and put a pin at each location. I would then hope to be able to upload this information in order to print a map and maybe label each spot.
    Location accuracy to within 20-30 feet is probably good.
    Price of under $500 if possible.

I'm sure there are other specifics that would help but I cant think of anything else.
    Thanks again.

vactek, Nov 18, 2017
  2. vactek

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Virtually any walking / hiking GPS will allow the marking of waypoints, they start at around $80 US for a unit like the Etrex 10, this unit can receive two sets of satellites (GPS and Glonass) which will make it's location finding more accurate

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 18, 2017
  3. vactek

vactek

Thank you for the response.

vactek, Nov 20, 2017
Ask a Question