Old Garmin GPS 12XL

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by BrokenGeiger, Jan 25, 2012.

1. BrokenGeiger

BrokenGeiger

newb to the forum.

I left the battery in my GPS 12xl in the console of my jeep and long story short I ended up having to clean up a good amount of corrosion. Laser cutting a few new pieces for the "black" side of the 2 battery bays to rebuild the housing and holder of the (black) terminal.

Along the way I had to stow it away for a short time (1 year) and revisiting I found that the black wire is totally missing now. Where in the heck did it solder onto the board? I should have taking a picture.

:eek:

I'm totally expecting someone to say to say - toss it. But it has sentimental value. What kind of girl would buy her boyfriend an awesome GPS like this... my wife now of 12 years :).

BrokenGeiger, Jan 25, 2012
  2. BrokenGeiger

BrokenGeiger

I think it went into the molex pin thing.

I recall now that I removed it because I traced corrosion back to the molex pin and that I didn't want to leave any there. I still see some that I need to clean - bah.

BrokenGeiger, Jan 26, 2012
Ask a Question