Pre-programing GPS route

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Mibosa, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Mibosa

Mibosa

Hello, new member with a question please. I am interested in motor-homing around Ireland and travelling via pre-selected routes which circumnavigate using roads mostly along the coastline, rather than major roads from A to B. I have had a quick look at Google My Maps but also wondering if any other programs and devices best suited for this? I have found a link on TripAdvisor from 5 years ago which addressed this same topic but I not authorised to load the link due to being a new member.

Thank you.

Bob

Mibosa, Aug 28, 2020
  2. Mibosa

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Any Garmin satnav with 'Trip Planner' (most of them), will allow you to download a Route to it generated by Garmin Basecamp (free to download), Basecamp uses the maps supplied with your satnav so that you can plan a route on your computer

Note :- A satnav purchased in Australia is not likely to have maps for Ireland (Europe) installed, but you can also install free OSM Maps of anywhere in the world, they will also work with Basecamp

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 1, 2020
Ask a Question