RV 890 - Connected to WiFi - Updates says No Internet

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Smitty77, May 21, 2023.

1. Smitty77

Smitty77

Replaced our DEZL 560 with the RV 890, a refurbished unit. Have it connected to WiFi, with a solid 85-95 DL speeds (It is via Verizon Samsung S21 HotSpot, gUDP.). When I go to Settings to check for Updates, it states No Internet? I've also connected to our ATT MR1100 NightHawk, with 45-50 DL speeds, and with the Car Connect (Old ZTE Mobley) unlimited data.) I share that because reading the manual it cautions to use a home router high speed connection... I also USB connected to my Laptop to see if could find a path to check for Software Updates... (Being a refurbished, and the unit and packaging looks like new... I still always closely watch refurbished products until I see all is functioning properly.)

Admit I have a grand total of maybe 90 minutes poking around, and setting RV and Toad profiles, etc. - so could very easily be something I'm missing:)!

TIA,
    Smitty

Smitty77, May 21, 2023
  2. Smitty77

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I would use Garmin Express running on a computer / laptop that has access to the internet, with your RV890 connected via a USB cable to this computer you should be offered any updates that are available

Nuvi-Nebie, May 22, 2023
  3. Smitty77

Smitty77

Yep, Garmin Express got things flowing... Thanks!

Smitty77, Jun 3, 2023
    edagrade likes this.
Ask a Question