RV760

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by larryg, Jul 26, 2016.

1. larryg

larryg

Hello All...

Just bought a RV760 and have a question or two.
    First... I installed a 164g microSD card, but can not see it anywhere. Even when connected to the computer, I can see the base memory, but nothing about the SD card. Why can't I see the card in a file explorer mode?

Second... I wanted to load some pictures (as I have on other Garmin GPS products) and have not found how to a) load the pictures, and b) how to view them if/when I were to load such. Do I need to install a photo-viewer app? If so, where would I get that?

Third... I was interested in buying another power cord (the one with the traffic receiver in-line) however I see 2 offered... one standard, and one that says Digital or something like that. Anyone know what the difference is, and which one is shipped with the unit?

Thanks so much...

Larry

larryg, Jul 26, 2016
  2. larryg

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

There are 3 different types of microSD, the standard microSD only goes up to 2GB in capacity, the microSDHC has capacities from 4GB to 32GB and the microSDXC has capacities from 64GB to 256GB. It is not clear whether you have a 16GB or a 64GB, but the RV 760 manual only refers to the first two types, so if you have a 64GB (microSDXC), the unit can't use it

Not all sat-navs can display stored pictures, I can't find any reference to a picture viewing option in the user manual and I am not aware of an App. to add this feature to a unit

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 26, 2016
  3. larryg

larryg

Nuvi-Nubie... it seem like it is the size of the card issue. Although I did have a typo in the previous size posted, it was 128-Gig (an SDXC). I had an extra 4-Gig card (an HC) and once installed I was able to immediately see the card via Windows File Explorer. So... I guess the RV670 just can't handle the larger size card. Disappointing to say the least. However, if a user cannot view any pictures (or other media), then the size really doesn't matter. After loading the maps and POI's, there is 1.13 Gig free space. Seems plenty if nothing else can be useful if loaded.

Thanks for the reply.

larryg, Jul 26, 2016
Ask a Question