Section lines and latitude

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Jwbohrer, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Jwbohrer

Jwbohrer

I've got a fairly simple utilization case. I would like to be able to walk along a section line or latitude line and make sure that I am not deviating from that path. So I would like to be able to have a map that also displays the section line or latitude line as an overlay as I walk so I can keep my path. What would be the easiest way to make that happen on a garmin device?

Jwbohrer, Jun 15, 2020
    1. Advertisements

2. Jwbohrer

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It will depend on which Garmin device you intend to use, some satnavs will only allow Routes to be downloaded to them while other Garmin devices (eg. handheld units), allow both Routes and Tracks to be downloaded to them

A Track can be generated using Garmin Basecamp that can draw a straight line along say a line of latitude and then be downloaded to the Garmin unit, Routes are not suitable because they have to follow a road, path etc., it your unit will not accept Tracks you could generate two Waypoints (also called Favourites or POIs), one at the starting point of the 'line' and another some distance away that is also on the 'line', you can then use Goto to get a line drawn on the unit showing the direct path in a straight line to the second waypoint

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 16, 2020
    1. Advertisements

3. Jwbohrer

Jwbohrer

Thank you! that is very helpful.

Jwbohrer, Jun 16, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question