Straight line route instead of following roads

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by acker1, Apr 9, 2018.

1. acker1

acker1

Garmin RV 760 LM--I had a computer failure last fall and lost my Garmin info, Downloaded from internet, but when I try to set a route I get straight line instead of following roads. I'm sure it's a setting I am missing but can't figure it out. Using Base Camp has always been a problem for me. I have an upcoming trip from central Fl to Seattle area and sure would like to have this working.

Many thanks
    DICK

Map3.jpg

acker1, Apr 9, 2018
  2. acker1

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Garmin Basecamp needs to be loaded with 'routeable' maps before it will follow roads, I'm guessing the map being used is the 'Global Map', which is not routable, you can check this by going to :- Maps and seeing which map is selected, You need a map like City Navigator North America installed onto Basecamp before it will generate a 'road route'

The RV760 should be loaded with a routable map and when the unit is connected to a computer running Basecamp this map should be copied to the computer's hard drive so that Basecamp can use it even when the RV760 has been disconnected

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 9, 2018
  3. acker1

acker1

Thank you so much!!!!!! That was it!!!!!! Another question please---I want to take a shortcut I'm familiar with but don't know how to switch the roads. It's not a big change but would be good to know for my future routes.

Thanks again, DICK

acker1, Apr 11, 2018
Ask a Question