Transfer Garmin GPS Data to a distant friend

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by jhrbanker, May 26, 2023.

1. jhrbanker

jhrbanker

My friend just got a Garmin DriveSmart 65 like mine, and I'd like to share all my Waypoints & Trips with him. He's a thousand miles away. We tried the Garmin Express Backup feature, but was unsuccessful. How can I create a file that I can send him to import, assuming that's doable and the correct way to accomplish this? Please be specific. Thanks

jhrbanker, May 26, 2023
  2. jhrbanker

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If you install Garmin Basecamp on a computer and connect the DriveSmart 65 to the computer, it will display all waypoints and routes on the 65, you will then be able to highlight the waypoints you want to share and then select file >> export >> selected and save a GPX file onto your computer, you will then be able to Email the the GPX file to your friend who can also load Bascamp onto a computer and file >> import the GPX and finally send the highlighted waypoints and routes to his GPS

Nuvi-Nebie, May 26, 2023
  3. jhrbanker

jhrbanker

Thanks so much. I'll give it a try.

jhrbanker, May 27, 2023
Ask a Question