Trip planning

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by madhaze, Jan 14, 2013.

1. madhaze

madhaze

Hello all!

I 've never owned a gps and i'm finding it very difficult to choose one.
    I've been looking at some "tom toms and Garmin" Sat navs. I'm leaning towards the Garmin simply because i have read alot of reviews that state the tomtoms can be difficult to update the software.

The Feature i am most interested in is " route planning" I enjoy sitting at a PC and planning my routes with google maps,so i can take the routes i choose. Do any of these Satnavs come with sofware that allowes you to plan the route on a PC and then transfer it to the gps (question mark) ((question mark key had coffee spilt on it ;) ))

Multiple routes would be good too.

Thanks in advance! :)

madhaze, Jan 14, 2013
    vjsimone likes this.
  2. madhaze

vjsimone

wow, no reply, I have the same question....

vjsimone, May 26, 2019
  3. madhaze

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Most Garmin satnavs have a "Trip Planner" option that allows a Route to be generated on the free to download Garmin Basecamp software and then downloaded to the satnav, Basecamp copies the maps from your satnav, so they can be used to generate a route even when the satnav isn't connected to the computer running Basecamp

Nuvi-Nebie, May 26, 2019
Ask a Question