What's With Undo/Redo & Auto Save in Mac Basecamp?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Ray Sherman, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Ray Sherman

Ray Sherman

I really miss MapSource from my Windows PC......... I'm now learning Basecamp for Mac which I understand for the most part but I.M.O., it's like taking a step backwards from MapSource. I have two issues that I don't believe can be changed;

1) Undo/Redo: I planned a route with waypoints through about 4 states. I was happy with the planned route but, I changed about 1/3rd of it to see if I would like it better another way. I didn't, therefore I started going through the "Undo" process from the Edit tab. I was able to undo about a half dozen steps and then it wouldn't undo anymore. Now I'm stuck with redoing what I had previously. I can't find a set limit for Undo's/Redo's anywhere. Is there somewhere to do this?

2) Saving Your Data: I really hate the auto save when closing out of Basecamp. If I didn't have to auto save when closing out I could have simply closed out and re-opened my original route as stated above. I can't find any other way of closing out without it auto saving changes. Is it possible to exit out "without" auto saving changes?

These two things are really annoying to me along with other things, I.M.O. is a step backwards compared to MapSource. I will learn to cope with it simply due to having to now that I'm on a Mac. I don't mind learning something new........ but Basecamp seems to be a P.I.A. If anyone can point me in the right direction (If there is one) in making changes to the two above issues, I would sincerely appreciate it. Thanks, Ray

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Ray Sherman, Apr 18, 2018
Ask a Question