Install City Navigator from MicroSD

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by JanneSorlie, Jan 26, 2024.

1. JanneSorlie

JanneSorlie

Hi there. I would really appreciate some help. Bought a Garmin GPSmap 66i that I also would like to have as navigator on my motorcycle. For that reason I bought City Navigator map on MicroSD. However when I put the microSD with the city navigator map in the Garmin 66i i do not know how to find and get access to the map. I have downloaded Garmin explore and Garmin connect on my IPhone and tried by using any of those but did not manage. Anyone that can help me and give me some advise on how to get the map to work? Thanks!

JanneSorlie, Jan 26, 2024
  2. JanneSorlie

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

2024-01-27_00.37.14.jpg

From the Map screen select MENU >> MAP SETUP >> CONFIGURE MAPS

I would recommend disabling all Maps and then enable only City Navigator as this is a good way to be sure of which map is being used

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 27, 2024
  3. JanneSorlie

JanneSorlie

Thanks a lot! Really appreciate your help! The thing is that this is the way I did it but I can not find the map there. Just the ones I had before. I have put the MicroSD in the slot of the 66i but I might need to do something else tonnage it visible in the location you mentioned? How do I disable the other maps by the way? Thanks 4 help

JanneSorlie, Jan 27, 2024
  4. JanneSorlie

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Each map will have either 'Enabled' or ' Disabled' next to it's name, to change this highlight the map with the up / down keys and then press Enter, you will then get a display that says "Enabled - [ Name of Map]" with options to Highlight 'Enable' and 'Disable', highlight Disable and press enter

When a lot of maps are enabled at the same time they obviously can't all be displayed together so the Garmin has a priority order in which it selects from enabled maps, however it is not obvious to the user which map is being used, so enabling only one is the best option

The new map should be available if the 66i can 'see' it, I would connect your 66i to a computer running Garmin Basecamp so that you can examine all available maps

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 27, 2024
  5. JanneSorlie

JanneSorlie

Thank you!!! Really appreciate your kindness!!!

JanneSorlie, Jan 28, 2024
Ask a Question