lost data

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by suki57, Feb 10, 2024.

1. suki57

suki57

I have just tried to update my garmin sat nav and it states that it is all done. When I try to use my sat nav it says that there are no maps and no data. Everything is gone. What can I do?

suki57, Feb 10, 2024
  2. suki57

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I would install Garmin Basecamp on your computer and then select install to computer only in Garmin Express (see fig 3), thus has the advantage of examining the map in Basecamp and allows you to examine the maps and free space on your satnav usint the Install Naps option in Basecamp

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 10, 2024
  3. suki57

suki57

I tried that and my sat nav still states Detailed maps are required for routing. No detailed maps were found on this device and cannot unlock maps

suki57, Feb 10, 2024
  4. suki57

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If you can see the maps you want to use in Basecamp you can send them to your satnav using Basecamp's Install Maps, if you can't see the maps you want in Basecamp then download them to computer only (see fig 3 above)

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 11, 2024
Ask a Question