Map updating

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by MeMeMe, Jun 6, 2024.

1. MeMeMe

MeMeMe

Hi. New here.
    I have just bought a factory refurbished Zumo 346LMT-S. It's great but I can't seem to get it to update the maps. I get a message saying 'not enough memory' though I have put an 32G SD card in. The file size is 8.4G which seems quite big for an 'update'.
    I don't have a laptop, just an android tablet but the manual says I can do it over the WiFi directly. But it won't.
    What am I doing wrong ?

MeMeMe, Jun 6, 2024
  2. MeMeMe

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

New versions of maps contain the entire map so they are not updates, you need to confirm that the Zumo can 'see' and use the microSD card, it may not be formatted correctly for example, if the microSD is OK you may have to use a friends computer / laptop and install Garmin Basecamp, it is then possible to run Garmin Express to download the new map to the computer (while the Zumo is connected to the computer), Basecamp can examine your Zumo's memory (both internal and microSD) and download the map (or part of it) to the Zumo

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 6, 2024
  3. MeMeMe

MeMeMe

Thanks for that. I was wondering whether it can see the SD card, it's new and put straight in, I assumed the zumo would format it. I am thinking of a laptop as I also need to update the firmware on my Sena intercom but it is hard to justify the expense of occasional updates.

MeMeMe, Jun 6, 2024
Ask a Question