Intentionally bypassed waypoints. IE city centers.

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Ridenut, May 15, 2024.

1. Ridenut

Ridenut

As user, I have been using Garmin products for almost 20 years. I have had four GPSMAP276 series and love them. I use them extensively for motorcycle travel. I bought a DriveSmart 65T for use in a car. I’m frustrated no end with the drivesmart.

My preference is is to build complex routes with six or seven waypoints.
    On the GPSmaps and several rental cars, once a few miles passed a “missed waypoint”, the GPS device recognizes the waypoint was not a “stop” and ignores the missed point and continues routing to the destination.

Can I tell the drivesmart to disregard the missed waypoints?

By way of example, if I decide to drive from Seattle to Portland via Mossyrock, the actual town center of Mossyrock is a mile or two off of the interstate highway. Five miles south of Mossyrock the GPSMAP will quit trying to route me back north.

What must I do on the drivesmart?

TIA
    The RideNut

Ridenut, May 15, 2024
  2. Ridenut

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The problem is that when the Route was created each Waypoint you inserted was automatically set to be a Via, Vias MUST be visited as if you were a delivery driver, this is called multi-point Routing, you can stop this from happening by converting the Vias into Shaping Points, these act in the same way as Vias but when you 'miss' one you will be directed to the next Via / Shaping Point, take a look at the link here :-

https://www.gps-forums.com/threads/garmin-routes.46540/#post-226621

If you create the Route in Garmin Basecamp you will have the option to select 'Don't Alert', this will convert a Via into a Shaping Point

Nuvi-Nebie, May 15, 2024
  3. Ridenut

Ridenut

Thank you for the proper reply. I will look at this carefully.

Is Basecamp available in iOS form?

Ciao,
    RideNut

Ridenut, May 15, 2024
  4. Ridenut

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, May 15, 2024
  5. Ridenut

Ridenut

Ciao Navi-Nebie, I should have been more clear. IOS is the Apple iPhone and other mobile devices, operating system. Following the link you kindly provided, displays links for Apple’s desktop and notebook book computers, commonly know as Mac, MacBooks or similar running Apples os… OSX.

It appears that Basecamp may not be available for Apple mobile devices. Is there a mobile device app that will build routes and send the route to DriveSmart devices. Surely there must be an “an app for that”.

thanks,
    DC

IMG_3534.jpeg

Ridenut, May 16, 2024
  6. Ridenut

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, May 16, 2024
Ask a Question